Starting with Level 1-3, the Danio is able to collect three different power-ups randomly dropped from specific Aliens (though some power-ups are statically placed). The Power-Up floats through space until disappearing off the left side of the screen or being picked up by the Danio, upon which it will immediately activate.
- Lvl 1: Default. Vaporizes all small asteroids, breaks up medium asteroids. Destroys all small aliens.
- Lvl 2: 1500m. Vaporizes all small and medium asteroids, breaks up large asteroids. Destroys all small and medium aliens.
- Lvl 3: 3000m. Vaporizes all asteroids. Destroys all aliens besides bosses.
First appears in Level 1-4. Thrusters that allow the Danio to move left and right temporarily. However, whereever the Danio is when the effect wears off will be where the Danio must stay (excluding Lvl 3 of the power-up). A three second warning will appear before the effect ends.
- Lvl 1: Default. Horizontal movement speed = 0.5 * Vertical speed. 7 seconds.
- Lvl 2: 1500m. Horizontal movement speed = 0.75 * Vertical speed. 10 seconds.
- Lvl 3: 3000m. Horiztonal movement speed = 1.0 * Vertical speed. 12 seconds. After the effect ends, the Danio will be allowed to continue to move left, and only left, for the rest of the level.
- Lvl 1: Default. Able to hold down the mouse button. Fires roughly the same speed as clicking very quickly. Bullet speed +10%. (See Developer's Notes in reference to current bullet speeds.)
- Lvl 2: 1500m. Fires as quick as clicking with no cooldown between clicks. Bullet speed +15%.
- Lvl 3: 3000m. Very fast, maybe half (or even quarter) speed of the demo. Bullet speed +25%.